Thursday, July 06, 2006

More Russia...

I know, I know... this is looks like it is turning into a travel blog.. but what can I do if came away with so many impressions. More importantly so many good ones. In all honesty, I didn't really want to go in the first place. I was doing the whole "Visa nahi mila toh nahi mila.. chorro na. Unko Dilli bula lenge" . Translation for my non indian/hindi speaking friends " if we didn't get the visa, we didn't get it.. let it go. We'll have them come to Delhi". But if my Dad says we are going to Moscow then we are going Moscow. Come hell or high water.

Anway I'm going try and make this real short by ONLY LISTING all the things I feel compelled to mention. These are in random order and I might elaborate in future posts coz I know myself, I won't be able to not give details. :)
  1. Everything is huge... but I covered that already - twice over!
  2. Everything is damn expensive... so much so I felt poor with 500 USD in my pocket
  3. Food is excellent... I had the most interesting desert - Strawberries with Basil icecream and liquorice. Different but extremely delicious. (You will definitely read about the Restaurant where I ate this.)
  4. The women are hot.. that also I mentioned.
  5. The people are really friendly
  6. I went to the BOLSHOI!!! It was fantastic. That is another experience that I REFUSE to degrade by simply putting on a list.

There is more. It is impossible to put down in words. Architecture, history, art, clubs, restaurants..... just so much.

It is definitely worth trying to get a visa and taking a look. Just remember to take along a no limit credit card preferably the Amex Black.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested