Tuesday, July 04, 2006

All things Bright and Shiny…

I love to shop – most of my friends AND my bank account will testify to that.
It doesn’t matter which part of the world I am in or how long I am there for, I will find something to buy. But isn’t that what girls do? Here comes that gender bias thing again...
(Side note: I’m starting to realize that the more we talk of equality, the more focused girl/guy attributes get.)
Back to the point – I was looking at all my newly acquired possessions while I was packing to go to Moscow. I have bought a shit load of shiny things. Or things with shiny stuff on them. Handbags, shoes, belts, skirts, rubberbands….. the list goes on. (It isn’t that bad, but if I wouldn’t exaggerate than it wouldn’t be fun.)

Now please don’t think that it is all “jatak” and grossly over the top sequins and "gota" kinda stuff, but there is always some element of shine.

Come to think of it, I was chatting with Pranav (he has this knack for hitting me on the head with my own flakiness and in the process is quite self deprecating) and for some reason he asked me IF he were to buy me something… like that was happening in a million years…. how would he know that I’d like it and not chuck it back at him… my answer – “as long as it is pink and/or shiny chances are I won’t hate you for it”.

This statement kicked off an avalanche of questions… list things that are pink and shiny, things that are pink but you’d still chuck at me, give me a list of things that are pink/and or shiny but do not come under jewelry or accessories… yes, we are both extremely vela.

Where was I going with this post? I lost track of what I was going to say with all this talk about shiny things… See what I mean. I’m like a magpie…

So next time you want make ME HAPPY, head out and buy me the biggest pink Swarovski teddy bear you can find!! :)

1 comment:

i'll have another one said...

hehehe..love how you just went of it being lost and all..highlighted the brilliance of what one can do on this blog thing...ofcourse i have noted that you still didnt get around to the list!!! so im gonna ask you too go to http://www.listofgoodthings.blogspot.com/ and write em!! and im warning you, you will hear from me if i see a list like this:

1. all things pink and shiny!!!!

Know you're capable of it...