Sunday, July 02, 2006

Strawberries in Chocolate... hmmm

As nearly everybody knows, I'm in Munich.
And I'm getting bored out of my skull, thanks to lack of company. (more about THAT next time)


Fortunately this is an extremely vibrant city and there is always something to do, if you chose to.

I chose to spend my Saturday walking around the Tollwood festival (www.tollwood.de/english/).
It is Munich's version of the Anjuna flea market. A non beach version of course. More organized - typically German. And lots more variety. Specially when it comes to food and drink. (Elaboration at some point in the next few days.)

Part of the abundance of multinational culinary delights are :
skewers with strawberries coated in chocolate. With a choice of dark, brown or white chocolate..


This picture doesn't even come close..
imagine the strawberries being twice the size and drowned in chocolate.

The fact that you can't see the strawberries, thanks to the chocolate, leaves your mind unprepared -
a burst of succulent strawberry when you take the first bite... Heavenly.

No comments: