Ever sat at the same table with a perpetual dieter?
Perpetual dieters, as I refer to them, are proportionate to really skinny women, who are constantly on a diet. It doesn't matter if they are joining you for a meal or a drink but mention food and I guarantee you a ...
"I'm on a diet, I've GOT to loose weight. So, NO thanks.." response.
After which they get the standard "no... are you mad... you aren't fat... order something.."
After which the Perpetual dieter (PD) launches into this rant of how much they've been eating lately and need to loose just x number of kilos in the next y number of days/weeks.
The x and the y of the equation seem to never change.
When the food arrives and people start eating, the PD looks slightly lost since they really cannot part take in this activity after having so vehemently declined any and all food. If they are a smoker chances are that they will light a cigarette and start smoking , against all table etiquette.
If they aren't smoking then they can't but help themselves and start "trying" the various different things that the table has ordered. Before you know it, the PD has tried everything that has been ordered and if there is something really good in particular, the PD will have devoured half of it while the original consumer looks on astonished. The more the number of people eating, the larger the quantity the PD consumes. They do the hogging is such a dainty barely there sort of way...
At the end of the meal... PD
"MY GOD..... i've eaten so much.. after this I'm not going to eat a thing for atleast a week".... Hello..... You weren't eating in the 1st place!!!
I have nothing against people eating ... I live to eat so I understand people wanting to eat, but I don't understand why do women have to make such a fuss about eating.
Nobody will hold it against it you that you ate more than a lettuce leaf in public. Men actually like women who eat properly. By properly, I don't mean be a glutton and shove everything that comes your way. That'll make you fat! Normal eating is appreciated.
And so is offering to pay a share of the bill..... since you ate as much, if not more, but technically didn't order anything.
If nothing else, shut up about how you need to diet, your dieting history and how you just can't eat.... Don't make me feel guilty about something I enjoy.
PS: Ever noticed how the ONLY time a woman actually willing discloses her weight, is when she is talking about how 'effective' her diet was...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i protest... im on a diet.. i havent had dinner n a week... cept for the pepperoni piza at trats at 330am after sat nights binge... but that doesnt count.. go PDs! dont listen to MJ...
muah....
Being on a diet is ok... I'm also always on a diet. But cribbing and bitching about being on a diet is just annoying. If you have chosen to not eat then stick with your choice without annoincing it to the world.
so how effective is your diet then?
you've been tagged by the way. Come have a look at what misery lies in store for you.
does EVERYONE... know... EVERYONE!?
Aman - Yup. And that too in the most convoluted ways. 6 degrees of seperation becomes a whole new conccept if you live/lived in Delhi.
Post a Comment